City of Allegan Medical and Recreational Marijuana Facilities
On Tuesday November 6, 2018 the voters in the State of Michigan voted to legalize recreational marihuana with 57% approval, and in the City of Allegan, the proposal passed with 58% approval. Since this proposal passed state wide, the City was asked to make a decision as to whether the City should opt in and allow marijuana establishments or if the City should opt out and not allow marihuana establishments. Please see the following schedule of events.
1) Monday, March 9, 2020 the Allegan City Council approved Ordinance 484 Marijuana Zoning Ordinance with a 5-2 Council vote.
2) Monday, March 9, 2020 the Allegan City Council approved Ordinance 485 Marijuana Zoning Licensing Ordinance with a 5-2 Council vote.
3) Monday, March 9, 2020 the following Zoning Map shows the potential location of Marijuana establishments with the City of Allegan limits.
4) Monday, March 23, 2020 the Allegan City Council adopted Resolution 20.11 Initial Receipt Period for Marijuana Provisioning Center, Retailers and Microbusiness with a 4-1 Council vote.
5) March 23, 2020 the Allegan City Council adopted Resolution 20.13 Setting Annual Administrative Fee for Marijuana Businesses with a 4-1 Council vote.
6) City of Allegan Recreational Marijuana Establishment Application was developed by the Clerk
7) Notice of Drawing to Conditional Authorize Marihuana Provisioning Centers, Retailers, and Microbusiness Applications
8) For more information regarding the above, please contact Christopher Tapper, City Clerk, City of Allegan, email address email@example.com