Water and Sewer Utilities
All Water and Sewer bills are due by the 15th of every month
- If payment is not received, 5% of the unpaid balance will added to your account as a penalty.
- If you cannot pay your current water bill by the due date, for a fee of $20 you can be put on the Extension List, which will give you up to 5 additional business days to pay your bill without penalty.
- Please note - If you do not honor the payment arrangements made to be put on the Extension List, your water will be turned off and all applicable fees and penalties will be added to your account.
All minimum payments for Shut Off Notices are due by the 15th of the month
- If the minimum payment is not received, your water will be shut off and a $40 delinquency charge will be added to your account,
- Extensions are not available on Shut Off Notices.
- Please note - If your water is shut off, the account will need to be paid current before service will be restored.
Payments can be made:
- In person at City Hall, from 8:30a.m. to 5:00p.m., Monday through Friday.
- By depositing your payment in the after hours drop box.
- By mailing your payment to City Hall, 112 Locust Street, Allegan, MI 49010.
- By signing up for our Direct Debit Program.
The City of Allegan accepts Cash, Check or Money Order.
- Please note - All checks returned by the bank for non-sufficient funds or any other reason will be charged a $25 fee and are required to be paid, in cash or money order only, within 5 business days or your water will be shut off.
Payments must be received by the 15th of the month, post marks and/or check dates will not be honored.
It is not recommended to mail cash or drop it in the after hours drop box.
TO ENSURE PROPER CREDIT, PLEASE ALWAYS REMIT YOUR STUB WITH PAYMENT
- Click here to enroll in ACH Debits for direct payments
- Click here to terminate ACH Debits for direct payments
- City Hall
Recycling and Clean Ups
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Boards and Committees
- Building Department
City Organizational Chart
Downtown Development Authority
Finance and Assessing
Forms and Applications
112 Locust Street
Allegan, MI 49010
Hours: M-F 8:30am - 5:00pm
©2013 City of Allegan.
Website: Lund & Lund