101 Brady Street Development RFQ
The City of Allegan, Michigan, seeks developers for a city-owned property at 101 Brady Street. This 0.41-acre parcel provides an opportunity to offer new-build retail/reestaurant space, as well as housing and lodging options with riverfront views, in formats that are currently underserved by the local market.
The subject site is the eastern gateway to Allegan's historic downtown shopping and entertainment district. It includes 150 feet of frontage on the Kalamazoo River and Allegan Riverfront Boardwalk, offering unobstructed views of the river, and the iconic 2nd Street Bridge - a National Historic Civil Engineering Landmark. It is the eastern anchor to Allegan's riverfront, which contains placemaking amenities, including an amphitheater, canoe/kayak launch, and a zipline course.
The City's preferred development for this site would:
- Create new residential and/or lodging options in a multiplex or "Missing Middle" housing format;
- Provide a mix of uses to create vibrancy and year-round activation. The ground floor is an ideal location for high-visibility restaurant and/or retail space;
- Incorporate a creative deisn process that respcets the historic character of downtown Allegan and its legacy buildings;
- Provide a connection between Brady Street and the Allegan Riverfront Boardwalk through incorporation of a plaza or similar amenity;
- Consider the important location of the subject site relative to the 2nd Street Bride and Kalamazoo River in the building's design. Proposals incorporating signature architectural treatments of the south and west facades are encouraged.
Interested development teams are invited to submit qualifications by February 6, 2019; please refer to page 15 for submittal details.
Please follow the link below to access the RFQ:
101 Brady Street RFQ